Abstract: I am jealous of all the attention everyone else is getting from their blogs. So read mine too. Mmmkah?
Discussion: I went to help mom and dad babysit for one of their ward functions last night. The kids were coloring pictures of children in front of the temple and then there was an open square for them to draw a picture of themselves in front of the new temple in their neighborhood.
One boy who was probably around 10 years-old drew a picture of another girl as a fat, green, sumo wrestler in a black speedo. The girl, probably around 8-9 years-old responded by drawing a picture of him with boobs. The girl's younger sister, age 5, wanted to join in and drew a picture of the boy in his underpants.
Review: Do you think was inappropriate for a primary activity at the genealogy fair?
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!
ReplyDeleteI am the first person to comment on your blog (screams)!
I am so excited, and I love your blog!
Karalee
's husband
yes! because people coloring on and you don't supposed to do that, if you do a police car will come see the kids and catch the kids and give them a ticket and put them into jail!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't want to stifle a kids imagination...and it sounds like the boy had it coming!
ReplyDeletePS...I clicked on your picture just because, and it blew up to the whole screen and it was amazing...best picture ever!
ReplyDeleteI think it's a celebration of diversity. They are too young to go in the temple at that age anyway so there isn't a dress code to speak of.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, it is apparently against the law.
Bryce- so if it is against the law, would I be liable in any way?
ReplyDeleteKare- I did the same thing. So did Crissy, then she scrolled up and down and side to side over and over again. It was funny.
Ethan- Oh boy! I guess I should have warned them that the police could come and get them! Remember when your mommy's car broke down and the policeman came and helped you?
Karalee's Husband- I appreciate your enthusiasm! That is what I am talking about!
Question: Did the kids' PARENTS see what you had them draw? Or did you confiscate and destroy all evidence?
ReplyDeleteAnd I am SOOO happy you started a blog!
The boy's mom saw the green sumo wrestler but the older girl scribbled over the tatas (is that better, Dad?) so her mom didn't find out about that and her younger sister didn't tell her mom what she drew. And excuse me, I did not have them draw those pictures. They came up with that on their own, thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteI think dad prefers "boobies" to "boobs" or "tatas"...
ReplyDelete-Curtis ...haha
Re liability for against the law, you'll have to talk to Ethan. I was following his advice.
ReplyDeleteEthan is a child lawyer. I am a grown up Laird.
By the way, I just posted your comments into double digits!
Merrills- you are right, Dad does prefer "boobies."
ReplyDeleteBryce- Haha! Does Ethan represent children or prosecute them?
Ok ok...you caught me...that last comment wasn't from Curtis it was from me!
ReplyDeleteTricky tricky
ReplyDelete