Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm Goin-goin, Back-back, to Cali-cali


My friend Suzanne is the winner who guessed northern California!



I'm going to the California Sacramento Mission speaking Spanish. I go to the MTC on January 19th. I'm getting more and more excited the more I think about it. I think I encouraged someone to choose this area somehow because a couple days before I opened my call I was walking through my school and the 5th graders posted their U.S. map drawings on the wall, labeling each state and its capitol. I thought to myself, "I've never even been to Sacramento and I lived in California for 17 years." It looks like I'll get that chance now. Here is a picture of the mission boundaries. I've never been to northern California, I don't really know anything about any of these cities but I'm anxious to finally live in a place that isn't the desert and see some green!


And the temple.


And that's about all I know so far!

6 comments:

  1. Woo woo!!! Seriously, I think most Southern Californians would agree that Northern California is like a totally different state. I'm so excited!! I love that you are going to be speaking Spanish, you will be so good at it!! Did you find any cute missionary clothes? Fashion show! Fashion show! Fashion show at lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I just got back from shopping. You know how much we love that...we had to come back home and take a break. And a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So exciting! Hey remember when Charles almost took that job in Vacaville? We would have lived right outside your boundaries. Or maybe even IN them depending on where we found a house. That would have been sweet. AND, you know how missionaries are always wanting to go back and visit the people they love so much from their missions? You won't have to save your pennies for 1ike 10 years before you can afford to go back... and everyone has already forgotten you. We always knew you had a sweet spot for CA...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alli, have you checked to see how many Rite Aids are in your area? Chocolate Malted Krunch ice cream everyday! I'm so jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous!! It's so amazing up there!! It's not like Oregan green but it's green! If your in Placerville you'll get snow for sure! Be craeful if your in stockton or citrus height it's a bit ghetto!! Congrats Alli!! Were so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FROM JULIANNE (I really need to get my own one of these)
    Oh. My. Gosh. CHOCOLATE MALTED CRUNCH! HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP I AM THE MOST JEALOUS PERSON ALIVE RIGHT NOW. Seriously, I really am. I didn't even THINK of that Crissy, but HANDS DOWN I think that is the number one reason to go on a mission there. I mean, sure, there's the history and the helping and serving people part of it and all . . . but CHOCOLATE MALTED CRUNCH EVERY SINGLE DAY?!?!?!?!? Um . . . what are the rules about visitors again???

    ReplyDelete